Downloadable Media

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hi,

FIrst congratulations on a fantastic product.  One of the things i'm struggling is the best way to handle downloadable media.  Eg restrictons on how many times they have downloaded and possible restrictions, generate zip password code etc.  Also one feature after looking around all the other dnn store modules which is not in any is a media preview.  We are looking to sell music from which is produced in our studio and for users to have the ability to preview what they buying would be a great addition.  A good example can be seen http://www.mastermixdigital.com/tracks.aspx as to what i mean.  After speaking to the site owners they have informed me that they had to part code the feature but it is something that i think would be a great addition to any popular music store.

Hope to see these features in the future.

Craig

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the feedback and suggesting extra feature, we're reviewing the roadmap soon and all input will be taken into consideration.  But to be honest I think this may be a bit of a too specific to be considered for the next release, but we'll make a note and hopfully something can be implemented in future.

Regards,
Dave

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I've noted these items now. 

There might have to be a section on the roadmap that lists features that are not likely to be added as part of the standard ongoing development, but could be added if sponsored. I would imagine that some form of restricting or securing downloads is within normal development, but mp3 previews would not be. Then at least people will know what has been discussed and could opt for a special feature when they have a client willing to sponsor.

Regards,
Rob

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Hi guys thanks for getting back so soon. I just posted on the dnn-europe thread as didn't know how active this was. I appreciate any feedback and work you guys put in. As this is my first look at nb_store it is a project i will actively now moniter. I understand regarding the previewing to be more a none standard request, it's something that i found as a short coming to catalook but deff the better handling of downloadable media would be great.  If you have any suggestions on how best to go or possibly for a future enhancement it would be fantastic.

All i can say guys is keep up the good work.

Regards

Craig