Paypal Integration with Multiple Applications

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I am trying to get NB_Store to integrate with PayPal Website Standard. I have it all working with the sandbox, so all is ok. But we already have another application/website talking to the paypal account. Thus NB_Store would be the second paypal application on the account.

Paypal support have confirmed that this is possible using the notify_URL form variable;

You can set more than 1 IPN URL.  You can only set one within your account, but you can pass a different IPN URL over in your code, and this will override your profile.  So say you had 3 sites.  You would set your IPN URL in your account, and your first site would use this one.  On your second site you would set the IPN URL in your code, when passed over it would override your profile.  You would than do the same on your 3rd site as well.  The IPN URL variable is going to be different depending on if you are using Website Payments Standard, or Pro, and if you are using NVP or SOAP.

To specify a notification URL
#
For a/an ... specify your IPN Listener’s URL in the ...
Website Payments Standard button notify_url HTML form variable 

Can you confirm that the NB_Store paypal integration uses the notify_url and that it overrides all the required url settings on the default profile settings

Just wanting to check there are no potential issues before implementing.

Thanks

Paul...

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Hi Paul,

The "<ReturnNotifyURL>" setting in the paypal.gateway setting overrides the paypal IPN, so acording to what paypal say this should be OK.  Although I myself have never tried overiding the IPN on a live system, I've only had need for 1 store per account.

Regards,
Dave.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Paul,

I've wondered about this particular issue myself. Did you test it out yet.. and did it work?

Regards
Rob