Changing the add product screen

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:05 AM

When adding a product to the catalog i use the 'summary' area as an intro text for my product and then the 'description' area as the main product description. I find it a little difficult as the summary area is too small for my needs and the main description area is collapsed by default.

Is it possible to somehow make the 'summary' area on the main screen when adding a product a little bigger? It currently looks like its set to a multi line text area with 3 lines. So for example, can i change an aspx file to make it 10 lines?

Also, can i change an aspx file somewhere to expand the description by default?

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Found it!

Edit the AdminProductdetail.ascx file.

To edit the summary field i edited the line as follows:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtSummary" Runat="server" Width="300" Height="200" MaxLength="1000" TextMode="MultiLine" CssClass="NormalTextBox">

And to expand the description:

<dnn:sectionhead id="dshEditor" ResourceKey="labelDescription" runat="server" cssclass="NormalBold" text="Description" section="tblDescription" includerule="false" isexpanded="true">

You can also customise the css format for any custom fields you create by adding the following:

<asp:DataList ID="dlXMLData" runat="server" cssclass="NormalBold"></asp:DataList>

To expand the 'product options' edit the AdminProduct.aspx file like the following:

<dnn:sectionhead id="dshoptions" ResourceKey="labeloptions" runat="server" cssclass="NormalBold" text="Options" section="tbloptions" includerule="false" isexpanded="true">

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Hi, Great that you've solved this yourself, and thanks for posting the answer for other people...

I'll increare the height of the summary field to 150 in the next release (I think 200px is a bit large)

Regards,

Dave.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM

No probs Dave,

Just another quickie.

Now i have a larger summary area and expanded description and product options area the page is quite long.

Is it possible to duplicate and include the 'Update' and 'Cancel' controls at the bottom of the page as well as the top?

I tried to copy the control div to the bottom of the page as follows:

<div>
    <asp:linkbutton cssclass="nb_store_SaveButton" id="cmdUpdate" runat="server" text="Save"></asp:linkbutton>&nbsp;
    <asp:linkbutton cssclass="nb_store_CancelButton" id="cmdCancel" resourcekey="cmdCancel" runat="server" text="Cancel" causesvalidation="False"></asp:linkbutton>
</div>

However, it gives the following error:

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The ID 'cmdUpdate' is already used by another control. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: The ID 'cmdUpdate' is already used by another control. --->

Is there a simple solution to this?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2010 at 6:18 AM

No sorry, no simple solution here, this change would need a code rebuild.  You can move the buttons from the top to the bottom if you wish, but you can't duplicate them.

Dave.