Have Some Query in NB_STORE Module, Please Answer!!

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:13 AM

Hi ,

I have just install the NB_Store module in my local site to check and it is working wonderfully it is very nice module for ecommerce, you have done a wonderfull job, thanks for such a nice modue.

I have some query regarding some ecommerce features, please let me know whether these features are avilable in the module or not or can we customize the module with these features. Please answer, wwaiting for your answer.

1. Is Product review and rating option available in NB_Storeor not ?

2. Cross sell ?

3. Can we do meta tagging for categories for SEO purpose?

4. URL Rewritting ?

5. Multipl color option?

6. Multiple payment gateway option/

7, Limitations of the module and future extendability?

8. How the taxes will be calculated?

Pleae let me know about these features, can we implement the NB_Store with theses features? SO that I can try more features of this module and can implement/

Thanks and Regards

SAnsugoi

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Hi Sansugoi,

Glad you like NB_Store, in answer to your questions:

1 - No, but you can get third party review modules from  snowcovered.

2 - Not at the moment.  But this is a major need and will be appearing in a future release.

3 - No

4 - No  (Altough it does work with third party URL re-writer you can get from snowcovered)

5 - Yes, you need to look at the bottom of the admin product form, you'll seeing the ability to add any options you want.

6 - Only a single gateway and and cheque work in the existing release, but the provider system for the gateways allows you to create your own gateway to support multiple payment methods if you wish.

7 - Big question and I've not got the time to answer fully here, but NB_Store is continuing to be developed and improvements will be release as soon as they are availble in a stable module.

8 - Tax calculations are basic and more in-line with the European tax system, hopefully in a future release this will be moved into a provider method so people can add their own provider as needed.

Regards,

Dave.

Feb 8, 2010 at 4:37 AM

For URL  Rewritting you have written  "Yes, you need to look at the bottom of the admin product form, you'll seeing the ability to add any options you want."  Can you please explain how to to do URL Rewritting.

for Multiple payment gateway you have answer "Only a single gateway and and cheque work in the existing release, but the provider system for the gateways allows you to create your own gateway to support multiple payment methods if you wish."

- Can you please explain how we can do this?

Please

Thanks Again

Sansugoi

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:00 AM

Hi Sansugoi,

The numbers are mixed up in Dave's reply.

The answer "Yes, you need to look at the bottom of the admin product form, you'll seeing the ability to add any options you want." belongs to question #5. Each product can have many models and/or many options. The difference between them is that Models are stock controlled, whereas Options are not.

Wait for Dave to get back to you on the second point.

Rob

Feb 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM

@sansugoi,

On the provider issue, you basically need to product your own provider with multiple options,have a look at this thread.

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56515

Contact me through codeplex and I can send you some example code for gateway providers than you can use as a base.

Dave.