Wierd Search Issue

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Hello I have the search function module added to my Catalog page and it works fine. 

I see a weird issue when I add the search to the home page. 
The issue only seems to happen when you type a search term and hit the enter key in Firefox 3.5.7 it takes me to a starnge url which should not even exist?. 
It works fine when you enter a search term and click the OK button.  Seems to work either way with IE8, except when your logged in as admin, you are dircted to Admin page when you search and hit enter instead of clicking OK Button.?  Maybe I heave a weird skin issue?

Very weird.  This is only one form submit on the page 

<input type="submit" name="dnn$ctr415$ProductSearch$cmdGo" value="Go" id="dnn_ctr415_ProductSearch_cmdGo" />

Not sure if you have time to take a look?  HotzCatering.com  The Catalog search is near the middle of the page.

Thanks,
Jason

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Is it possible to add a onkeydown event to the search box?  This will alliviate some other control taking my Enter Key command when I intend on searching.

TextBox1.Attributes.Add("onkeydown", "if(event.which || event.keyCode){if ((event.which == 13) || (event.keyCode == 13)) {document.getElementById('"+Button1.UniqueID+"').click();return false;}} else {return true}; ");

Thanks,
Jason

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Have a look at this issue :

http://nbstore.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=5109

The fix is in the next release.

Dave.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Sounds great David.  Just wondering when your planning the next release?

Thanks,
Jason