Payment options

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:55 AM

is there a way to add a new payment option because i have some products that have promotions like " don't pay for 30 days!"or "Bill me later" but there is no option the allows the user to get the product with out paying and i still get the shipping and billing information

Thanks"
Miguel

Feb 17, 2010 at 1:37 AM

You might be able to use the zeroprice.text Back Office setting to make this work.

It's not a payment option, and you'd simply set the products to cost $0.00. Whatever html or text you use in that setting will display in place of the 0.00 price.

You'd need to confirm that customers can then carry on through the checkout as normal even with a cart with no dollar value.

Rob

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:05 AM

but them the customer will think its free and buy it and will be mad when they get a bill in the mail

Feb 17, 2010 at 2:15 AM

ok, the only other option is to use the cheque payment method and change any text and labels to indiciate that the bill will come later. But you won't be able to create a system using the existing functionality that mixes two types of payment - i.e. it has a price on everything, but only charges money for some items on checkout and not for others.

Rob

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:20 PM

so theres no other way i have to change the cheque payment, bucause i'd prefer to keep it because i use it

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Apart from the two options already mentioned, one could a) use the source and develop it, b) sponsor it as a new feature, or c) change the business model to suit. Unless someone else has any ideas.

Rob