Product Options not Copying

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Hi, I created a new thread with the question. Sorry about that.

My previous question from this thread http://nbstore.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=81356 "My store has a huge list of products and each have a lot of the same options. I tried using the "Copy Product " button but I'm getting the error saying  "A critical error has occurred, Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I would really appreciate it if this could be fixed so I may work faster creating my store"

The DotNetNuke application version you are running

My Dotnetnuke version is 05.02.02 and NB_Store version is 2.0.7.

I just ungraded DotNetNuke yesterday thinking it would fix it, though it's copying the product it still won't copy the product options. The error message is not coming up directly like it was last time, only in the event viewer with the message:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductController.CopyModels(Int32 ProductID, String Lang, Int32 NewProductID, LocaleCollection supportedLanguages) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.ProductController.CopyProduct(Int32 ProductID) at NEvoWeb.Modules.NB_Store.AdminProductList.dgProducts_ItemCommand(Object source, DataGridCommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnItemCommand(DataGridCommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Hi,

I'm not in the office until next week, so I can;t look into it at the moment....but I do use the copy product all the time, so I think it must be something to do with either the NB_Store setup or the product structure.  Anyway I would like to find out what the problem is. 

bump this up to the top of the dissussions next week and I'll be able to look at your problem in more detail.

But one thing you culd try, is to create a simple product structure (no options) and see if that works OK.

Regards,

dave.